Do you have an interest in lighting, sound and the technical elements of theatre?
In 2021 HotHouse Theatre will be offering a one–year full-time technical traineeship for a regionally based person who has a strong interest and basic understanding of theatre.
The traineeship includes training in the delivery of the technical elements of theatre as well as venue and equipment maintenance. It leads to accreditation in Certificate III in Live Production & Services, delivered in partnership with Arts Centre, Melbourne and is assessed on the job here at HotHouse.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please email a cover letter to [email protected]
You cover letter should explain how your experience can demonstrate each of the following selection criteria.
- A basic understanding of theatre protocols and practice
- Desire to build a career in technical theatre
- Demonstrated written and spoken communication
- Ability to undertake physical work including manual lifting and working at heights
- Ability to work proactively within a team.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to build knowledge of safe work methods and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in stressful situations and environments
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 PM Monday 18 January 2021
Interviews will take place in the week of 18 January 2021
Ideally the successful candidate will commence on Monday 8 February 2021
More Information about the position is available by clicking on the link below
2021 Technical Trainee position description 201125
Or contact the General Manager, Michael Huxley on 02 6021 7433
This position is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW as part of the Arts Restart program