Do you have an interest in lighting, sound and the technical elements of theatre?
In 2022 HotHouse Theatre will be offering a one–year full-time technical traineeship for a regionally based person who has a strong interest and basic understanding of theatre.
The traineeship includes training in the delivery of the technical elements of theatre as well as venue and equipment maintenance. It leads to accreditation in Certificate III in Live Production & Services, delivered in partnership with Arts Centre, Melbourne and is assessed on the job here at HotHouse.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please email a cover letter to [email protected]
You cover letter should explain how your experience can demonstrate each of the following selection criteria.
- A basic understanding of theatre protocols and practice
- Desire to build a career in technical theatre
- Demonstrated written and spoken communication
- Ability to undertake physical work including manual lifting and working at heights
- Ability to work proactively within a team.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to build knowledge of safe work methods and practices
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in stressful situations and environments
Applications must be received no later than 9:00 AM Monday 24 January 2022
Interviews will take place in the week of 24 January 2022
Ideally the successful candidate will commence on Monday 14 February 2022
More Information about the position is available by clicking on the link below
2022 Technical Trainee position description
Or contact the Business Manager, Madeleine Schnelle on 02 6021 7433
This position is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW as part of the Arts Restart program