APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
HotHouse Theatre is pleased to invite submissions from local independent artists and artistic teams to be part of its
2020 CELSIUS: Independent Theatre program.
Submissions close at 5:00 PM on Monday 10 February 2020.
WHAT IS CELSIUS?
CELSIUS: Independent Theatre supports the development of local, independent theatre practitioners through the creation and presentation of theatre works that ignite and inspire regional audiences.
This is a pilot independent performance development initiative for the Albury Wodonga region, which resources artists to engage in creative development or present locally produced independent productions in 2019/20.
WHAT SUPPORT IS OFFERED?
Applications can be made for the following categories:
- Creative Development – New Work
- Second Development – New Work (open to 2019 CELSIUS: Creative Development teams only)
- Independent Production
Creative Development projects receive:
- Five days of rehearsal space either as a week block Monday to Friday, or as agreed with the HotHouse Theatre schedule.
- Basic tech support for a work-in-progress showing in either the Butter Factory Theatre or Studio at the end of the development process – including a feedback session.
- $3,000 toward the costs the creative development.
Independent Productions are co-presented with Hothouse Theatre and receive:
- Five days of theatre hire (Monday to Friday | Butter Factory Theatre).
- Technical support for bump-in, three performances, and bump-out.
- Box Office and Front of House staff for three performances.
- Support with development of production schedule and budgeting advice.
- A marketing campaign planning session, marketing support, including a dedicated webpage per project, and the creation of templates for production collateral.
- Ticketing services.
- $7,000 toward production costs.
- Box Office income split – 60% to artists and 40% to HotHouse Theatre.
Artistic Director, Karla Conway is more than happy to discuss your project with you ahead of submissions. If you would like to take this opportunity please email Producer, Beck Palmer at [email protected] to arrange an appointment from 15 January 2020.
For further details download the CELSIUS 2020 Guidelines below.
Submission deadline: 5:00 PM, Monday 10 February 2020
Assessment by panel: Tuesday 11 to Wednesday 23 February 2020
Notification & date negotiation with successful applicants: from Monday 2 March 2020
Announcement of Projects and Celsius 2020 Launch event: Thursday 19 March 2020
CELSIUS: Independent Theatre is assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council, its arts funding and advisory body.