Interested in the technical side of theatre?
COVID – 19 UPDATE: This workshop has been POSTPONED and will be rescheduled for later in the year. Please email [email protected] to register your interest.
Curious about what goes on behind the scenes in the theatre? Know a thing or two about tech, but would love to know more?
If you want to know more about how lights and sounds can enhance your production, or if you are itching to get behind a sound and lighting desk this workshop is for you. In this two day workshop participants will cover basic workplace safety, introduction to design principles, as well as gain hands-on experience in best practice of working in technical theatre.
There will be a sharing of learnings with family and friends from the workshop at 3.30 on the Saturday.
Dates : This workshop has been postponed until we have a clearer understanding of the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic
Ages: 14- 18
Cost: $100.00 including GST (N.b Price will show as $90.90
Where: Butter Factory Theatre, Gateway Island
What to bring: Lunch, snacks & drink bottle. Please wear comfortable clothing and closed toe footwear. If you have a laptop, please bring that as well.
This is an introductory course designed for anyone that has a passion for technical theatre production, no prior experience necessary.
For further information please contact Clancy Hauser on [email protected]
Terms and Conditions – please read
- Enrollment are processed on a first come, first served basis. Enrollment is confirmed with payment of term fees. We do not reserve places. There is waiting list once a class is full.
- All drama fees are non-refundable. If a class is cancelled the fee will be credited or refunded if an alternate date cannot be arranged.
- Students are not supervised before or after advertised class times.
- Attendance of students not enrolled in Drama School classes is prohibited.
- Please inform HotHouse Office on 02 6021 7433 if the student is unable to attend or will be late to class.
- Media – by submitting this form you consent as a student or parent /guardian to the student being photographed, filmed and/or interviewed during class, rehearsal or performance.
Hothouse Theatre owns the copyright to all photographic images and footage. It may be made available for all media, including on-line publications. There is no time limit pertaining to these documentation materials.
- In the event of an emergency you agree that: HotHouse Theatre is authorised to make medical arrangements as deemed necessary including calling an ambulance, and that you as the student/parent/guardian are responsible for paying all medical and/or ambulance costs that may result.
- HotHouse Theatre reserves the right to withdraw a student’s enrollment if their behaviour is deemed unsafe, unacceptable or inappropriate. There is no refund in this case.
- Students are advised to bring suitable food and drinks to the workshops. However, peanuts/peanut butter and peanut based products are prohibited.